Subsidies received from KOSGEB (Small and Medium Enterprises Development Organization) and work carried out within the scope of the subsidized projects.
The project titled “Achieving High Efficiency Waste-Free Hot Runner Production Quality Using New Molds For Exportation” within the scope of KOSGEB’s KOBIGEL (SME Development Program) subsidy program (2018-2019) has been successfully completed and registered by a KOSGEB board resolution.
The project titled “Enhancing Data Flow and Productivity in the Injection Department and Improving Manufacturing Processes”, again within the framework of KOSGEB’s KOSGEL subsidy programs (February 2019), which also benefited from public subsidies was successfully completed with the final reports being submitted to KOSGEB. This project enabled the digitalization of the manufacturing process, while instantaneous data flow on products manufactured in injection machines ensures accurate record-keeping of productivity.
- “Assembly, Welding and Labeling Automation Machine for Plastic Seals” within the scope of BAKKA’s (Western Black Sea Development Agency) SME Financial Support Program (2019; successfully completed)
- The number of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) projects that our firm develops in order to improve social welfare increases daily. Our CSR projects cover domains such as education, the environment, social support, and sports.
WE WANT TO TOUCH CHILDREN’S LIVES!
In order to make a difference in children’s lives, Ayça Yazıcıoğlu Güzelyaka Village Primary School, Muharremşah Primary School and İsmail Hakkı Tonguç Primary School were equipped with Z-Library and wooden playground equipment that help children’s problem-solving skills as well as their development.
Within the scope of the protocol signed between the Çaycuma District Governorship, the District Directorate of National Education, and Sinan Göktuğ, representing the Göktuğ Family, Ayça Yazıcıoğlu Güzelyaka Village Primary School, Muharremşah Primary School and İsmail Hakkı Tonguç Primary School have been equipped with a Z- Library and wooden playground equipment where children can develop their problem-solving skills and creativity. We’re planning to create a play activity area equipped with suitable wooden game materials where children can spend their time having fun and developing skillsets in a safe environment.
District Governor Muharrem Coşgun presented a plaque of appreciation to philanthropist businessman Sinan Göktuğ for his contributions.
- A sponsorship agreement was signed with Çaycuma Veteran Football team for the TMVFL (Turkish Master’s and Veterans Football League) Turkey Championship. The team participated in the tournament as the Gökerplast Çaycuma Veteran Football team (May 2021).
- Financial support was provided for the renovation of Çaycuma Gemiciler Secondary School (May 2021).
- Zero waste and recycling activities
‘Zero Waste’ is a target defined as a waste prevention approach that includes preventing waste, using resources more efficiently, reducing the amount of waste generated, and establishing an effective waste collection and recycling system.
The amount of raw materials and energy consumed per person as well as the world population has been increasing steadily. As a result, limited natural resources gradually decrease while environmental pollution problems emerge. Sustainable and efficient management of resources for the continuation of life has become an inevitable necessity today.
Recognizing the problem, the Gökerplast family has implemented a ‘zero waste policy’ across the factory. The entire personnel has been provided with training in this regard and environmental awareness has been enhanced by enabling them to take an active role in the implementation of the zero waste policy.
- Use of recycled packaging – In some products, the packaging has been completely removed.
On average, approximately 1600kg of PE bags were used per month in the packaging of our products. We have since implemented a non-packaging option for our customer orders through our own ERP system.
We encourage our customers to reduce the use of bags by informing them about the contribution they will be making to the environment if the packaging is removed.
With these measures, we have managed to reduce packaging by 450kg per month.
We have also started to provide those customers who still want packaging with 100% recycled PE bags.
These measures have contributed significantly to the environment by eliminating the production of 1600 kg of plastic!